Sunday, May 10, 2009

Zoo Berlin

On Friday, Cooper, Sabrina and I went to the zoo. It was really great. They have tons of animals and many of them have habitats not closed off with fences or netting. They are kept separate by a mote or large ravine so it feels like they're really close and you don't have anything blocking your view. Some of my favorites were the baby elephant and the baby deer. Cooper loved the sand dune cat (which I didn't get pictures of) and really enjoyed watching all the kids running around. Here are some pictures from our trip.


Baby elephant and mama

Baby deer learning to walk


Cooper fascinated by the monkeys


The ducks
Lots of birds

Lion and lioness
Lioness
Sign next to the she-lion.
We thought it might say something about no flash photography, but turns out it says something about the lion peeing on you if you get too close.

The leopard
The tiger. I tried to get video of this guys roar, but was unsuccessful. It was so loud and so deep. He would definitely bass if he were in a choir.
I forget what this is.
The rhino

The bison
The zebra

There were lots others, but I'll save those for the next visit's post. We got an annual pass zoo and aquarium so we'll be there many more times.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts and seeing your pictures... it totally brings me back. A year ago we were doing the exact same things you were. How fun! Let me know if you have any questions about where to get things or how to make chocolate chip cookies (I finally got it down right before I left). It is still not the same as when you make them here. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete