Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Due Forni

I have a favorite restaurant here in Berlin. It is called I Due Forni and they have delicious pizza. It is located right off one of the underground lines and it's got tons of seating outside. The weather always seems to be perfect when we go. I really wanted to take my parents there while they were in town. Finally last night, their last night here, we were able to go.

My dad got a salad which came out in a bowl on a plate with huge chunks of vegetables and a whole tomato.
The pizzas are huge and dirt cheap! They are waaaay larger than the plate that they are served on. A margherita pizza is only about $7.

I got the prosciutto, mushroom, parmesan and arugula pizza. It's got a nice chewy crust and the pizza sauce is just right.

Cooper also loves this place because there is a playground with toys and lots of kids running around.

And he also loves the pizza. (He had leftovers for breakfast this morning as well.)

I've heard and have read several reviews that the service is terrible, but the times that have been there the service has been fine. The waiters have been friendly and helpful and the food has come out fast. If you're ever in Berlin you have to check this place out. My favorite pizza is still from Pizzeria 712, but I Due Forni is a close second.

1 comment:

  1. I loved that place too! Did one of the GP directors take you guys??? Josh is at a Berlin GP reunion right now in Florida...I am kind of jealous. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete