Sunday, May 10, 2009

Date Night

Friday night Patrick and I went on a date (I think I can count the number of date nights we've had since Cooper came along on one hand). One of Pat's coworkers, Tana, was kind enough to hang out with Cooper for the evening while Pat and I headed to dinner and dessert in the city.

The weather was beautiful and sunny so we walked around and explored the city. This is me next to a remaining section of the Berlin Wall. You can see the double brick path just in front of me that runs through the city showing where the wall once stood.
We then went to the Sony Center and passed by Legoland on the way. This is a giant giraffe made entirely out of Legos.
And this is the Sony Center. It is a really cool building with a movie theatre and a few restaurants. This is a picture of the ceiling or roof or covering (not sure what it qualifies as).
There is a little pond in the middle, but it was being covered up for some special event. I think they were turning it into a stage.
Since our arrival I have seen these giant white asparagus all over the city. They are apparently all the rage around here. I decided that I wanted to try some so when we saw a restaurant that had a special "Beelitzer Spargel" menu separate from their regular menu we knew that was where we'd be eating dinner.

Pat ordered the fish with white asparagus and potatoes.
And I ordered the small cutlet of pork with white asparagus and potatoes. It also came with a big pot of Hollandaise sauce. I'm still wondering what a regular or large cutlet of pork looks like because my small piece was huge.
For dessert we went to a little ice cream shop and shared a strawberry sundae.
While we were enjoying our sundae we saw some lightning and heard some thunder crashing. We decided we better call it a night before it started raining.

Unfortunately we were too late. By the time we got off the train it was pouring! We had to run all the way home and we were still soaked. This picture does not do the wetness justice.
We had a great night despite the rain and Cooper was fast asleep by the time we got home. Thanks Tana!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun night! Not only a date night, but one straight out of a movie...complete with running through the rain at the end....

    ReplyDelete