Thursday, July 23, 2009

There are two things I am powerless against...

For some people, it's crack and booze. For me, it's chocolate chip cookies with walnuts and banana bread with chocolate and walnuts. I have zero self-control when it comes to these two things. For example, this pan of banana bread (I don't have a loaf pan, so it's more of a cake) came out of the oven last night at 9:30 pm. It is now 8:00 am and I think Pat has only eaten one square. (why does blogger flip some photos??? can anyone help me out here?)
In my defense, I halved the recipe and it's made with whole wheat flour and honey and dark chocolate. So it's good for you, right? And bananas...we all need to eat fruit, right?

3 comments:

  1. It's basically all 4 food groups--grains, fruit, protein from the nuts...it's practically a well-balanced meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you Linds. That's why I can't make brownies anymore. Every time I walk by the pan, I just cut off one more little square and before you know it... poof! they're gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete