Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Girls' Night!

What better way to spend an evening out with the ladies than to spend it chasing down Brad Pitt? Yes, it's true, that's exactly what we did.
(Photo via JustJared)

Me and four girlfriends had planned to go to dinner Tuesday night since our spouses had a work dinner and would be home late. When we met up that night, one person mentioned they had heard Brad Pitt was in town for the premiere of his latest film which I remembered reading about in the paper a few weeks earlier. So instead of going to this restaurant, we decided to stop by the Sony Center to see if we could catch a glimpse. I think none of us are really fans, but we all agreed it would be funny to snap a few shots of the celeb and I was in need of some material for this blog.

Unfortunately, the location of the previous premiere I was at in Berlin was not the same place for this premiere. Fortunately, the new location was just across the street. Unfortunately, we were a little late and Brad Pitt had already gone in to the theatre to view the movie. Fortunately, this change of venue led us to a great tapas restaurant across the street.

It was pretty late by the time we finished eating, but luckily Cooper kept himself entertained the whole time so I could enjoy my night out.
As we were finishing dinner we noticed people starting to gather outside the red carpet and the bright lights turned on. Of course we had to join the crowd and find out what was going on.
The girl in the spotlight in this photo is not a celebrity. She was just some chick that took, I don't know, maybe, 800 pictures of herself standing there? Here's a close up of her during one of the few moments that she wasn't posing for a picture.
Here is Cooper just before he started freaking out.
I decided to leave without my "Brad sighting" so as not to be labeled as crazed-fan-who-keeps-her-son-out-until-11:00pm-just-to-catch-a-glimpse-of-Brad-Pitt. Cooper was actually totally fine and happy again by the time we got to the train station. I think Pat was surprised to see him awake and laughing when he got home since it was 4 hours past his bedtime. I was really hoping Cooper would tack those 4 hours on to the time that he normally wakes up in the morning, but no luck for me.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like fun! Too bad you didn't get the shot of Brad, but I'm impressed with how well Cooper has been through all your adventures. Don't let him get too much bigger before we see you guys!

    ReplyDelete