Monday, July 20, 2009

Email Fiasco

The last two weeks I've been getting emails intended for some other Lindsay Young. I think some chick with the same name as me has set up a new gmail account but keeps accidentally giving people the wrong address. I've gotten a couple emails from eHarmony, an evite to Daniel's 30th birthday, a few UPS tracking notifications and a couple from the girl's parents. The first email I got from the girl's parents I thought might be spam or some phishing scam because it simply said "test". So of course, just to be cautious before I replied, I googled the couple's name and found their website which had pictures of them and their kids including their daughter Lindsay (it wasn't me by the way). I thought I would be nice and reply to them just to let them know I wasn't the person to whom they were intending to send the emails. Here is a string of our conversation.

Couple that I don't know: test

Me: Hi there - I think you have the wrong email address. I don't think I'm the Lindsay Young you're looking for.

Couple that I don't know: hello there. i will use this

(I didn't respond to this email because I was pretty sure they meant to say, "I will not use this" but just forgot to type "not". I do it all the time...leave out the important words. But no big deal right because I'm never gonna hear from them again? So then I got an email from them a couple hours later. This time I responded and tried to be more clear.)

Me: Please do not send me emails. You have the wrong email address. Thank you.

Couple that I don't know: what is the correct one?


What??? Seriously???

Am I not being clear enough? Any suggestions how I should respond?

4 comments:

  1. Uhhhh....what!?!? This is crazy. I kind of hope you continue to communicate with them so you can post more stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like they still don't realize you're not the right Lindsay. Maybe not too email savvy? Maybe suggest they call their daughter and ask her to give them the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is this: "If you ever email me again I will hunt you down and personally make sure you don't make the mistake again."

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!! No idea! But keep us updated because this is hilarious and totally gave me a good laugh when I needed it! :)

    ReplyDelete