Monday, June 15, 2009

Berlin Konzerthaus

We got to see the Concert House Orchestra at Berlin's Konzerthaus. We tried to go to the Philharmonie, but they were all sold out for the entire time we are here.

We had some nosebleed tickets, but they were cheap and actually gave a really cool view of the conductor in action and all her different expressions.
The Konzerthaus is really cool. I loved the ceiling.
And the sculptures on the wall of famous composers and musicians.
It was nice to get out for an evening and listen to the beautiful music. I think during the summer they do concerts outside in the square in front of the hall. I hear tickets for it are quite expensive, but I'm sure walking by and hanging out is free. I bet Cooper would love to see and hear something like that.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool, those buildings look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful venue!! I'm glad you were bored enough to find us. Swa does have a baby, Maya. I'm sure you know with Cooper, but they are SO MUCH FUN!!

    ReplyDelete